Within a move there are a lot of points to coordinate. StorageVille tries to consolidate these efforts into one place so that it is more cost-effective and efficient for YOU.
ALL IN ONE PLACE YOU CAN GET THE FOLLOWING:
- Cube Van or Truck Rental (for moving day)
(free 4-hour use with storage locker rental)
- Moving Boxes
- Packing Supplies
- Moving Supplies
- Moving Storage Space
Before the big move, consider these helpful suggestions.
- Share with the kids all that is involved. They may be wondering how this will affect them.
- Take inventory of everything and try to separate the things that can be donated or put into a garage sale.
- Schedule all aspects of the move 6-8 weeks in advance of moving day.
- In the summer choose your mover 4-5 weeks before. Other months, 3 weeks in advance.
- Plan to move during the week when utilities, banks and government offices are open.
- Contact your insurance agent to transfer your coverage. If you will be using the services of a storage facility, make sure your insurance applies.
- Try to plan your meals a few days before so you don’t have to worry about food spoiling during the move.
- Keep all personal records such as medical information, passports, birth certificates etc. in an accessible area.
- Find the services you and your family will need in your area before you move in.
- Change your bank.
- Notify the post office that your mail needs to be forwarded and advise anyone else of your move, especially the utilities.
- Cancel and or transfer all services to your new home.
- If the move is taking you to a new city, make hotel reservations before you leave.
- Get help! It’s time for all those you have helped move in the past to pitch in.
- Before moving day, pre-pack as much as possible.
- Pack all books in boxes flat, storing them on end can damage them.
- Pack a small bag with some tools.
- Return any library books.
- Arrange for someone to look after your pets until you’ve fully packed and until you are settled.
- Label all boxes so you know which boxes go where in your new home.
- If the boxes are being stored, label the contents in more detail. You’ll never remember in 3 months time what they contain.
- Don’t plan on cooking meals.
- Double check to see that the moving company driver knows their exact destination.
- Load houseplants last and unload them first. In colder months you may want to have a plant service move them for you in their heated van.
- Items should be stacked whenever possible. Be careful with boxes; store the heavier ones on the bottom, and lighter ones on top.
- Tip couches up on end.
- Make sure that if you need something later, that it is stored near the entrance of the unit.
- Save all moving receipts, they may be tax deductible.
- Pack a travel bag with items you may need such as toys for the kids and maybe some aspirin!
- Remember, you don’t have to move every day. This will soon pass.
In the video boxes are assembled in order file/bankers box, normal moving and storage box, wardrobe box.